According to the Anderson Constituion, a freemason should be a man wise and of a good habits. In other words, only people who worthy of honour to be a brother in the Craft can attend.
There are a number of initial conditions to be met, including:
- to express the unconstrained will to apply
- to be of age (preferably 25 y.o. or older)
- to have balanced personal life and financially self-sufficient
- to be able to take a critical view of surronding world
- to have a good opinion
- to be honurable, just and honest
- to be able to keep masonic secrets
- to respect and support freemason ideas and values
Please note, that Grand Orient of Poland (and therefore our Lodge and Triangle) follow the liberal and adogmatic reading of a first Anderson Constitution and we are open for those who do not express belief in God. Moreover, we accept women in our ranks.
Fullfilling the conditions described above is necessary but not sufficient to become a freemason. One has also to pass the verification procedure. There are in general two ways to start it.
- one of the members of the Lodge points out the candidate
- a candidate sends his application on his own initiative